Our Call For Speakers is open until 29th July 2019. Please fill out the form below, and we’ll endeavour to get in touch with you once we’ve assessed your submission.
We’re looking for experts and change-makers working in the NFP sector, as well as leaders from the private sector, government and academia, to share new or great ideas and best practices around all aspects of HR, people management and leadership, to help build the capacity of hundreds of Australian NFP organisations.
About the 2020 Conference
When: 24th and 25th February 2020
Where: Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
The Not-For-Profit People Conference is Australia’s biggest event focused on how to attract, manage, train and retain the best people for the NFP sector.
Over two days, 500 NFP professionals – including HR professionals, senior leaders, managers, board members, volunteer managers and CEOs – will explore the NFP sector’s most pressing people issues.
Past conferences have featured high-profile leaders like Google’s Head of HR Sarah Robb, World Vision CEO Tim Costello, Smith Family CEO Lisa O’Brien, Olympian & former-Senator Nova Peris and humanitarian, Moira Kelly.
However the majority of speakers are HR professionals, managers and leaders within all kinds of NFPs around Australia – from the smallest to the largest – who have developed innovative and highly successful people processes or initiatives.
The Not-For-Profit People Conference is an opportunity to share your knowledge, skills and experience with a unique audience of 500 leaders and influencers from hundreds of Australian NFP organisations.
You’ll be helping to build the capacity of some of Australia’s most important and high-impact NFPs. And you’ll strengthen your networks and build your personal brand – as well as that of your organisation – boosting your profile as a leader in your field.
What to present on
We’re seeking submissions relevant to HR professionals, not-for-profit leaders, managers and volunteer managers – and centred around the following topics:
- Leadership – at all levels
- Managing people well – topics relevant to those who manage teams and programs
- People and organisational strategy – bigger picture topics for organisations, including workforce planning and learning and development (L&D)
- Strengthening HR – advanced topics for HR professionals
- Recruitment – from recruitment planning to onboarding and everything between
- Health and wellbeing – for all staff and volunteers
Presentations on any areas of interest to senior leaders, managers, HR professionals and volunteer managers will be considered.
Please note: we have a strict policy around content wherein we will not accept submissions that include the promotion of commercial services. If you have a service to promote, please consider becoming a sponsor or exhibitor – contact Lisa Ricketts at email@example.com for details.
How to present
We’re looking for original presentations that offer practical take-away tips and tools.
Suggested formats include:
- Case studies;
- Participatory workshops;
- Facilitated discussions;
- Panel discussions; or
- Original/new research findings.
Sessions should run for 55 minutes total, including 10-15 minutes for questions.
Presentations must also:
- Focus on practical takeaways and learnings for delegates (rather than focused on promoting your organisation’s work);
- Showcase highly-successful, innovative or unique practices, frameworks, methodologies, processes or tools;
- Preferably be original content.
If you’re selected as a conference presenter, you’ll receive:
- A full two-day conference registration for the conference, including access to all sessions, the official networking event, and all food and drinks;
- Travel and accommodation expenses paid;
- Access to a significant discount on conference registration for all staff in your organisation.
Please just fill out the form below, and we’ll endeavour to get in touch with you once Call for Speakers closes on 29th July 2019.