Far from being a soft, touchy-feely skill, neuroscience has shown that storytelling is a one of the most powerful tools a leader has. A great storyteller can weave a story that allows her to enter the minds of colleagues and change what they feel, to change what they think, to influence how they act.
And while some people are just born with a natural talent for enthralling an audience, for the rest of us who want to be great leaders in purpose-driven organisations, storytelling is a skill that we need to learn.
Which is why the +Acumen platform is offering NFP leaders the chance to learn storytelling for free! (+Acumen is a world-class online learning platform for learners and doers with a burning desire to change the world.)
Their 8-week course is specially designed for leaders in purpose-driven organisations. You’ll leave the course with:
- A leadership presence framework
- Important storytelling tools, and
- A rehearsed presentation that can help you better connect with your audience and inspire change.
What You’ll Learn:
- Understand the four dimensions of the “Leadership PRESence” framework and how it can enhance both your storytelling and your leadership skills
- Gain and apply important storytelling techniques, such as expressiveness, use of sensory details, body language, and more
- Understand successful presentation structure and apply the “Audience, Benefit, Goal” framework to improve your presentation
- Practice developing and sharing your personal story
- Learn the five steps for integrating your personal story into a larger presentation
- Share your presentation for feedback and reflect on potential areas for further improvement
Interested? Don’t delay – the course starts on 18 February 2020.